• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air pressure warning buzzer drives me crazy.

ShaggyTheGreat

Hey guys, is there a way to disable the low pressure buzzer and make it just, say turn on a light on the dash to tell me *low pressure don't drive or you will die rolling off a cliff because your brakes are up to pressure yet*?

thanks!

welldigger

You could. Or just crank your truck and walk off for a min while the tanks air up. I never advise disabling the warning buzzer. I have driven my truck with no brake boost and it is incredibly scary. The buzzer will give you some warning in the event of catastrophic air loss to pull over and stop. You may not always see an idiot light in time.

ShaggyTheGreat

You could. Or just crank your truck and walk off for a min while the tanks air up. I never advise disabling the warning buzzer. I have driven my truck with no brake boost and it is incredibly scary. The buzzer will give you some warning in the event of catastrophic air loss to pull over and stop. You may not always see an idiot light in time.
i see your point, i could make a little gadget to make a bright red light flash right behind the steering wheel, me having adhd would find it difficult to not notice that within seconds of it going off.

welldigger

I still don't suggest it. At night the idiot light would work but in the day it's amazing how the sun can wash out indicater lights at the right angle.

For example, I can't count the times I have been the idiot driving with my blinker on for 20 miles because I forgot it was on. That light is blinding at night but in the daytime it might as well not be there. Its right there on the steering column and I still miss it.

mbehne

^^^^ Very good advise!!! I wouldn't think you could miss the turn signal indicator either, but I do more often than I want to admit. The buzzers are deafening but a very good thing!

Artisan

hey guys, is there a way to disable the low pressure buzzer and make it just, say turn on a light on the dash to tell me *low pressure don't drive or you will die rolling off a cliff because your brakes are up to pressure yet*?

Thanks!
removed

Last edited:

welldigger

SERIOUSLY?????????????????????????????????????

I bet ya if you ever got in a wreck and if an attorney saw this quote from you they will win the case EASILY.

If you have a family or are worth "anything" you could loose it all, ESPICALLY in California!

It is so EASY to go get a Class B W/ air brake endorsement license and LEARN what does what!

No air does NOT make the truck roll on a hill!
Actually, yes it can. The deuce has air over hydraulic brakes. Not air brakes. So if you loose air you loose power brake boost. Do your brakes still work? Yes. Do they work well with no air? NOT AT ALL!

DieselBob

Do your pre-flight checks while the truck is airing up. The buzzer is there for a reason.
Exact thing I do. I do the under hood check for leaks and check the engine oil level then start it up. While the air is building I check all the lights and tire air pressure and once the air is up to 120 psi I shut the engine down and mash on the brake pedal and listen for air leaks and watch the air pressure gauge for loss of pressure.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just shut the power switch off until you build air pressure. The buzzer shuts off when you turn it off but the truck continues to run. Just make sure you turn it back on before you start to drive.

Vintage iron

Tie6044 are you recommending to shut the main or top switch off?! If so that would disconnect the batteries from the electrical system, which will leave the rest of the electrical system open to spikes in power. That is the main cause of ABS system burnouts.

Vintage iron

He didn't say, but this thread is posted in the deuce section. Just won't want to see M939 series owners damage their trucks. I came across it in today's posts section.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Also if you DISCONNECT the buzzer and you have a accident and they find the buzzer disconnect you will be pretty much at fault because the buzzer IS a safety device that must be working for the truck to be on the road. ALL safety devices that are either OE or added MUST be in operating condition, you can ad devices but you CAN NOT remove any.

ShaggyTheGreat

Well, i see your points and its probably best to leave it on, but i will probably replace it with a warning that is less obnoxious, but still easily noticeable over the earth shattering sound the deuce makes.

welldigger

Why does it bother you so much? Once the tanks air up it turns off. It won't turn on again until the air bleeds down. Which under normal conditions shouldn't be any time your driving. Heck if you don't have any air leaks it should hold air for at least a few hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks