• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low air pressure warning buzzer drives me crazy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not supposed to be subtle, it's supposed to be alarming. It's an alarm.

Your truck does not come close to meeting federal safety standards as it is now. To remove/modify anything that reduces your(and the rest of the world's) safety is simply irresponsible(and foolish).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i see your points and its probably best to leave it on, but i will probably replace it with a warning that is less obnoxious, but still easily noticeable over the earth shattering sound the deuce makes.
A warning light is a great way to supplement the low air warning buzzer but in no way shape or form should one be used to replace the buzzer. If it's driving you crazy it's doing exactly what it was designed to do. I can say from experience that when you have your hands full negotiating traffic or an obstacle, it would take one heck of a light to get my attention off the road to look at a light. Sometimes it takes only the time to look away at a light to cause catastrophy on the road. Endure the warning buzzer, save a life.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not supposed to be subtle, it's supposed to be alarming. It's an alarm.

Your truck does not come close to meeting federal safety standards as it is now. To remove/modify anything that reduces your(and the rest of the world's) safety is simply irresponsible(and foolish).
My buzzer did not work on my truck so i bought a new one and installed it and works great. I am going to run a jumper wire from the parking brake light switch to the buzzer so it has double duty. I have a red light on my parking brake and with the brake set and with the red light on I still drove off and burned my parking brake.

rrepik

It's part of the ambience of driving a deuce, kind of a thrill reminder that you aren't driving the family sedan and a great adventure is about to begin!!

quickfarms

Well, i see your points and its probably best to leave it on, but i will probably replace it with a warning that is less obnoxious, but still easily noticeable over the earth shattering sound the deuce makes.
That is the same as removing it in the eyes of the cops.

The cops can make you test it at any time.

Last edited:

I was the exact opposite....mine quit working and it took me a few months to figure out the problem to get it working again. It drove me nuts that it didn't work :)

jwaller

The military has a kit to add a light to the dash. That's very common and I love mine. It goes right in there middle of the gauge cluster or you can put it wherever you like.

TehTDK

Personally it would annoy the **** out of me everytime I had to start it. Same with the mandatory audible reverse sound. But I would venture as far as permanently disable the buzzer, but more so build in a "trigger" that disables it for 5-10 mins when I start the truck so that it is silent while the truck is idling and heating up, but still sounds if the air vacates the truck while on the road driving etc.

bigboy44

I was the exact opposite....mine quit working and it took me a few months to figure out the problem to get it working again. It drove me nuts that it didn't work :)
Mine is the same way on one of my trucks and when I start it up I am looking for problems. I will correct it asap. I like safety items of that nature, a hard hat with nothing but clear blue sky above your head, now that sucks.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost never hear mine, actually I can only hear it until it builds oil pressure, then I am out of the cab on my pre trip walk around, checking tires & lights and bleeding any moisture out the glad hands.
Even after the walk around, I still let it idle a few minutes to get the turbo warmed up before I jump in.

I did buy the low air light kit, because when it's running 2200 rpm down the road at night I might not be able hear the buzzer over the howl of the LDT465.

& if I drive off one more time with the parking brake on, it's getting a light too!

MG2936

Nobody has mentioned the obvious, get rid of the air leaks and you will very seldom have to listen to the buzzer. My truck can set for 2 or 3 days and still have over 60 psi so no buzzer. After setting a couple of weeks it will still have 30 psi. so when I start it the buzzer isn't on very long.

welldigger

Nobody has mentioned the obvious, get rid of the air leaks and you will very seldom have to listen to the buzzer. My truck can set for 2 or 3 days and still have over 60 psi so no buzzer. After setting a couple of weeks it will still have 30 psi. so when I start it the buzzer isn't on very long.
Your supposed to drain your tanks when your done driving for the day unless you have an air dryer.

welldigger

As long as you get the accumulated water out thats all thats needed. Leaving pressure in the system won't hurt a thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks