• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LS engine swap

Smallblockeight

Hi all, first post.
I have a 92 M998 6.2. Runs great but here at 6000 ft elevation in Colorado it just won't get out of its own way particularly on any sort of hill.

Long term i know the real solution is a Duramax or Cummins swap with an overdrive transmission. That's simply out of the budget right now though.

I have a 6.0 LS gas engine sitting on a stand next to the Humvee. This seems like a low budget short term solution to get the Humvee a little more go as it will bolt to the TH400 transmission with a special flex plate. Fuel mileage is not a big concern with the limited amount of use it gets.

Has anyone done this? I tried the search feature but was unable to find anything. I've done an LS swap in my K5 so it's not LS Info I need, just Humvee specific. In particular, I'm wondering about what exhaust manifolds to use, if an LS steering pump will run the fan, and if there is any way to avoid a complete 12v conversion of the rest of the truck.

Bravojmc

:doh: I'll hang around for the show...
Your from Superior/Louisville I bet your Republic of boulder neighbors love you drivin that Diesel drinkin WAR machine around Pearl street mall area!!!!
last time I was there I was yelled at twice with people saying get that blanking polluting diesel truck out of our town! So glad I moved to the Western Slop to get away from those Hippie/Lefties!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks