• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LS engine swap

Smallblockeight

Hi all, first post.
I have a 92 M998 6.2. Runs great but here at 6000 ft elevation in Colorado it just won't get out of its own way particularly on any sort of hill.

Long term i know the real solution is a Duramax or Cummins swap with an overdrive transmission. That's simply out of the budget right now though.

I have a 6.0 LS gas engine sitting on a stand next to the Humvee. This seems like a low budget short term solution to get the Humvee a little more go as it will bolt to the TH400 transmission with a special flex plate. Fuel mileage is not a big concern with the limited amount of use it gets.

Has anyone done this? I tried the search feature but was unable to find anything. I've done an LS swap in my K5 so it's not LS Info I need, just Humvee specific. In particular, I'm wondering about what exhaust manifolds to use, if an LS steering pump will run the fan, and if there is any way to avoid a complete 12v conversion of the rest of the truck.

Bravojmc

:doh: I'll hang around for the show...
Your from Superior/Louisville I bet your Republic of boulder neighbors love you drivin that Diesel drinkin WAR machine around Pearl street mall area!!!!
last time I was there I was yelled at twice with people saying get that blanking polluting diesel truck out of our town! So glad I moved to the Western Slop to get away from those Hippie/Lefties!!!!

Last edited: