• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

red

You will need the power steering before a front locker goes in, unless you can turn the truck when it's at a stand still.

I had a painful reminder with the thumb and the steering wheel, still not working right after a week haha.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew about the thumbs but didn't know about the elbow.

I wonder if I can learn this valuable lesson via your experience, or will I have to experience myself to learn... man my elbow kind of hurts already...

PaFarmer

Good wheeling with you dan. Your truck was flexing pretty good coming up the trench on 11 on the way to the pole line trail. I don't know what type of power steering you want to do. Let me know if you want to look at the air assist on my deuce or power steering systems on my 800 and 900 series for ideas. I know guys do full hydro and drive on the street. From the PSC system on my buggy, I would not want to run it on the street, but maybe different setups have better centering and feedback.

I don't know yet how I'm going to do it. I've narrowed it down to two ways.

Hydro assist using a steering servo from Woodward steering. That system still keeps the steering linkage but you splice a valve inline.

The other way would be full hydro. It's a ways off anyhow so I'm not to worried about it. And to be honest it really wasn't that bad. It's harder to steer but the truck just goes. It's not like the steering it's causing me to get stuck, atleast not yet.

And yeah I was impressed with how much truck did. I didn't notice and wheel hop or slip with it being bobbed. I thought for sure I was going to get stuck but it wheeled extremely well.

GrizzlyEater

I've got to run out and start the bbq, only got on page 42 of your thread and I love it! I've got a couple pages left but I've got to start dinner! I've met a local steel soldier and have my deposit down and I'm hoping to get it later this month. I absolutely love posts like this they are so informative! I'll be just restoring my with minor upgrades but this thread is a plethora of great info!! Thank you for posting, can't wait to continue reading and to see your new posts!! Keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Yeah i plan on having my front rims finished and a gopro for the fall rally. I aired my fronts down to 20 psi never did the backs. I'll have to flip the valve stem around so I can get into it easier.