• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

Actually wasn't bad. I had it up in the air and tire off the rim in 20 minutes problem was i took my spare out of the back to go pick up bunk beds so I had to wait for my buddy to go get it. This all happened a 10 minute walk from my house.

welldigger

Just from browsing threads it seems that the radials blowout a lot more than bias tires. But I could be wrong.
They do. The biggest problem with surplus tires in general is we typically don't know the history of them. Whether they were run low of air for a long time or sat flat on a truck for extended periods. Or whatever else can lead to a tire failing. It's the risk you take buying surplus tires.

welldigger

Yeah welldigger but you don't want to know the price of one of these new lol
Actually I have looked into the price of these tires new. If I remember correctly somewhere in the realm of $1500 per tire.

Trust me I'm running surplus 395s without a second thought. I gots a spare lol.

I don't care oddshot haha but some might.

Welldigger you are correct. I bought my 6 (down to 5 now ha) 14.00r20's for $400 and I'm hopefully getting 7 more at gilbert for $500. I'll never buy new and I mean never! I'll have lots of spares soon.

welldigger

I paid less for 7 tires than one new. No shipping either since there's a tire yard right outside of rrad that is within easy driving distance of me. You would be mentally handicapped to buy new ones.

Seat belts and heater in the cab and front custom rims are priority now for the fall rally. This holiday weekend coming up I'm going away all weekend and then gilbert mv show isn't far after that. I was going to paint the truck before winter but that's not going to happen now with the dew in the mornings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks