• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LT. Dan M35a2 Modification Thread

BBQROD

The push is just a expansion from the steam that is being produce from the trapped air. Make sure it's topped off when you leave and see if it falls over night.

I'm going to drain it tomorrow and pull thermostat housing and test it..... Also going to finish the filter install..... would running it with no thermostat diagnosis if that's the problem?

ATPTac

Thanks I just hope I can figure out why it's running hot
Make sure your radiator isn't clogged before you replace the thermostat. If you have an IR temp gun, get the truck warmed up and then use the thermometer across different areas of the radiator, if you have any significant temperature differences you probably have a blockage somewhere. If you don't have a temp gun, you can feel it by hand, just be careful not to burn yourself.

I'm not saying that's the likely culprit, but it doesn't cost anything to check.

I don't think it's the radiator..... it doesn't even get warm.... It's either a air pocket but most likely the thermostat is stuck and won't open. It wouldn't go over 200° but it wasn't letting warm water into radiator. .... I'm going to pull it all back apart tomorrow

ATPTac

Also with the cap off if I rev the engine a little coolant pushes out the top of fill Neck is that normal?
That's completely normal. It's the water pump forcing the coolant to flow.

My guess if your radiator isn't getting hot at all is either a stuck thermostat or air pocket stuck at the thermostat or water pump. Another option is: if you flushed the system, you could have knocked some crud loose and it's clogging the thermostat. These kinds of things are hard to diagnose without actually seeing what's going on. Keep us posted on what you find tomorrow.

HanksDeuce

The radiator fill cap should be the highest point in your cooling system in order to purge the air out. I'm guessing that hose sticking up behind the alternator is for a coolant filter or heater? Why couldn't you turn the valve down and have it feed out the bottom? There might be air trapped in that loop.

Yeah that's where the heater was and will be and also the filter...... There is no air in there. It's just flowing back around but the valves are shut off. I'm going to check the thermostat tomorrow and try to bleed the system again..... but the more I think about it I'm pretty sure the thermostat is sticking. The way they have that is so stupid but I'm going to double check it to make sure it's not stuck.

Why was this joined with my mod thread and why was my thread moved to the regular deuce section? Don't some of yous complain about posting mod threads in the regular part?????

Anyway guess the thermostat is bad. I put it in a pot and while I didn't have a thermometer it didn't open till the water was just about boiling...... it was bubbling really good then it opened and it went right to a full boil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks