• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LTR450K's 64 M416 Trailer

LTR450K

Been a while since my last post. I'm finding it hard to have time to work on this project as much as I would like to.

I put a new angle grinder with a sanding flap disk to good use yesterday on a small section of the frame. (Safety goggles and a Dust mask are definitely a must when using this method to remove the paint & rust)

Once I get most of the rust and old paint removed on the larger easy to get to areas I will sand blast the small knooks and crannies. I don't have the cash to spend $125 per hour right now to get it all done at once. (Saving for wedding)

Here is a pic of the small area that I did in about 15 minutes. It went a lot quicker than I thought it would. I used red primer to coat the bare metal.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks