• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lufkin, TX Forestry Dept. auction

Desert Rat

Through some good sources I have developed since moving here I have found out Lufkin, TX will be having an auction of surplus Forestry Department equipment to include 250 vehicles of most every MV discription as well as gensets and other assorted pieces. For those interested in aquiring SF-97 equipment and by-pass the dreaded GL waiting period and the EUC process, now is the time to PM me and let your inquiries be known. The auction will be in the first or second week of June. This will have an impact upon my end-of-May plans to go to Howard and Buddy's in Greenville by a couple of weeks. I have spoken to some members who have pressing needs and the support for such a venture is tremendous. I'm opening up my farm as a storage area as well as the proximity to Lufkin to help SteelSoldiers members ONLY. If you are not a member I cannot help you. This is to both promote the site as well as protect members from price gouging from commercial interests. I'm looking forward to helping as many as I can with this auction.

chief76433

I just talked to the gal in Lufkin and she said most of what they have is "scrap".She probably has a different idea of what scrap is but she did say none of them run and most would take alot of work.Fire depts. have been using them for parts.She is going to mail me a catalog when they get it printed.I need a hood for an M813.If I get a chance to go down there I will get some pics.

NEIOWA

If Tx forestry works at all like Ia the FEPP equipment at auction is going to be stuff DOD surplused off in the 80s or earlier. Perhaps some M880s, 6x6 gas. Stuff fire depts have been using (and used up) over for the last 20years. Now mechanically worn out/broken. Some usable bits and pieces to be sure. Perhaps some good finds, as Forester picked up and was going to be some work/expense to get it on the road so dump it and get another from DOD.

chief76433

I called them last week and ask if they had a hood for a 5 ton.He called be today and said he had one.How many different hoods are there for a 5 ton?Mine is an M813 A1.I'm not real sure how far it is from here but it is at least 5 or 6 hours and I would hate to drive down there for nothing.I qualify for free parts...I just have to pull them.If I don't get to go next Monday I may go the 16th.Hard to say but I need to go before the auction.I don't know alot about MV's but I will get some pics.If you have something specific in mind tell me what it is and send a pic if possible and I would look around while I'm there.

Desert Rat

CCAT,

Yes there are!

SBD,

Where are you? A location sure would help us out. I'm waiting for the snail-mail to send me more info..

CCATLETT1984

SBD, your location is there now.

I would be interested in an electric fuel pump off of one of the gensets, if they have one (some, like mine, had mechanical) I have a 10kw gasoline genset it is about 5ft long and weighs around 700lbs. Model # MEP-018

also, if there are an of the jerry can syphens for the fuel.

chief76433

I think they told me it was going to be June 9&10.I made the trip.Lots of bugs on the windshield after running through the Davy Crockett Forest at night.I have alot of pics.There were only a few 5 tons and bunches of dueces ,blazers and pick ups.They have some generators,pumps,forklifts,graders,dumps and a few trailers.The man told me most of the trucks were shot.He said the five tons with super singles had locked up engines.My camera saves a small e-mail pic and I will try to post some to see how the size is.If you see a pic you want I can send the full size to you.A few of the trucks were complete but most have serious problems.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I need to update this info. I spoke with a really nice young lady who took my contact information and guaranteed me that the Lufkin Forest Service department was NOT holding an auction until late July or early August.

I will be calling them back tomorrow and will attempt to speak with the person in charge of the auction (s). I will then post yet another update.

Sorry folks, but right now it looks like there are NO auctions next week in Lufkin.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G,
Find out how much for an M35 bumper. I was going to have DR bring me back one from Howard's but if you can get me one there, I'll send you money. Or however you want to handle it.

I still owe Rdixiemiller fuel money for picking up my 6.2L engine. And I gotta go get it sometime.

So, let me know. Also, did you see any of the LARGE trailers there? Flatbed or enclosed. My BIL is looking for at least one. Maybe more. He recently bought an 18 wheeler tractor to haul his dozer around with and I think his trailer is about shot.

Let me know. And like I said, I'll post what I find out from the Lufkin people tomorrow.

jim

chief76433

I wish I could get parts for everyone but the only reason I can get them is for a firetruck.The Forest Service doesn't sell to the public but they give parts to Fire Depts.They might not let me come back if they thought I was selling them and I really don't like jail.Wish I could though.I didn't pay much attention to big trailers but if they have any they are worn out.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks