• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lurker from Canada

Guerre

Evening all,
Just wanted to say hi, I'm just a youngin from Canada..
My dream is to own a Deuce, but my savings account is lacking, and I have no where's to put one! I've been lurking here for a while, soaking in information with every visit. I will own my own soon enough!
Any advice from Canadian MV owners on finding and buying a M35 or a CUCV inexpensively and painlessly would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Guerre.

(Guerre means 'war' in french, incase you where wondering)
:driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Canada is a pretty big Country, where you from? There must be a member near you that you might be able to visit or hang out with (help work on or drive MVs).

Welcome to the site.

Last edited:

Guerre

Well, since I'm a poor student and don't even have my permit yet. None.
BUT. If I were to stumble upon good fortune it would be a late 70's M35A2, with a hardtop and a winch.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! There are plenty of members from Canada and I am happy that a few have already responded so far. The annual east coast rally is located in Aberdeen, MD, but the show in PA (Gilbert) is near as good and isn't on asphalt!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, Canada

Welcome to the MV World.

I posted a couple of pics of some West side M135 trucks that can be affordable on original purchase and a pleasure to work on and drive. CUCV's can be a great starting point as could be that WWII jeep sitting in a farmers field that needs to be saved from the elements. It's a crazy addictive hobby and just sanding and priming is a start. An M35 is a good choice because 'newer' is always easier to find parts for, repair and maintain.

I'm too polite to give you advise but if I wasn't polite..........I'd say stay in school, get a business degree, start a successful business, make a ship load of money and buy or build everything and anything you want.

It's tough working with tight budgets however entirely possible when you have youth on your side. Building a truck takes time and buying a truck that's built gives you tons of 'schtick' time so you can enjoy it.

I would not own an MV without Kijiji.......it's one link to the World of Green. Type "Military" to the "all" search in your hood and just start shopping.

My local MVPA club is full of the greatest mentors, teachers and all round good guys one could ever hope to meet. You'll find some local MV boys that look real tired but still have the biggest smiles on their faces.

Good luck on your start and parlai vous francis? Viva le New Brunswick. Potatoes anyone?

Attachments

Guerre

Thanks a million for the warm welcome.
And m1010plowboy, thanks for the kijiji tip, I never really thought to look there.
All the best!
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks