• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lurker from Canada

Guerre

The ILTIS is a neat little machine, I actually see A LOT of them around here.
Probably came straight from Gagetown when they sold them off.
Possibly a first MV for me?
:wink:

Stan Leschert

Iltoids quite often come up for sale near you. They are green, we drove the piss out of them and they often worked. The electric fan was not welcome in tactical situations as it usually engaged when you were trying to be silent, and it didn't like climbing steep hills with the front end facing the pointy bit of the hill. They backed up the hill, without flipping fairly well, but that was a bit embarassing.

As a starter MV, why not. They can be fun to drive, and compared to an M135 or the rarely civvy held MLVW, they are really miserly on fuel.

Check the links I posted, you might be amused.

NSCoyote

Wellcome, if you need any help or advice or a lace to stretch a deuce's legs i have 100 acres just across the bay of fundy, in Yarmouth NS. if you have FB do a search for Bellicus Enterprises Ltd, thats my company page or PM me if you ahve any concerns

ColdWarCanada

Canadian Bombardier Iltis

The ILTIS is a neat little machine, I actually see A LOT of them around here.
Probably came straight from Gagetown when they sold them off.
Possibly a first MV for me?
:wink:
Bonjour Guerre,
You should look seriously at the Bombardier Iltis. Lots in New Brunswick, and some are currenlty for sale on Kijiji. There is an excellent Iltis group on Yahoo with all sorts of members from Canada and a great source of information. The Bombardier Iltis is a good vehicle to work on, lots of parts available and easy to get licensed on the road. It uses a 4 cylinder gas engine (VW) and the drive train is VW/Audi. While the big trucks are fun, they are not exactly a daily driver for a student ..... The Iltis has a matching Canadian M101 CDN2 1/4 ton trailer which uses same tires/wheels as the Iltis. There is also a Yahoo group for the M101 CDN2 trailer.

Cheers!
Stuart

M1031CMT

Iltis are nice little jeeps. You can find some cheap that need work. Good project to work on.

I would also not recommend an iltis as a starter vehicle or daily driver. Better to get a civi cheap car or truck instead. But the iltis would make a good project vehicle.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

BIG_RED

I'd second the "don't buy one as a daily driver". Made that mistake :p Had to borrow my dad's old caravan for about the first 6 months as I worked my butt off putting my M1009 back together.. Drove her home too :p looks can be deceiving. Welcome from the middle of Canada! Bought my M1009 online locally too. Drive her every day. Love her to bits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks