• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVS MK-48 Ring mount?

RDUKW

If anyone is still in need of a lvs ring mount, shoot me a PM. I have a lead on a couple but no hatches at the moment. There is a possability we might be able to come up with a hatch in a couple weeks.

Ryan

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If anyone is still in need of a lvs ring mount, shoot me a PM. I have a lead on a couple but no hatches at the moment. There is a possability we might be able to come up with a hatch in a couple weeks.

Ryan
PM sent.

Augdog1964

Ryan

I need a hatch! If I can get one, I can also have others fabricated... we have a fab shop.

Augdog1964

NICE!

My mount is missing the support that runs between the two front legs... can I get close ups of that piece, what it looks like and perhaps the length?

Thanks!

RDUKW

NICE!

My mount is missing the support that runs between the two front legs... can I get close ups of that piece, what it looks like and perhaps the length?

Thanks!
I will get you some measurements tommorow.it is just a epic of channel that fits behind the tab on the left side and goes to the top of the other leg. It is bevel cut to match the angle of the legs and has two 5/16 bolts in each end. It will be very easy to reproduce.

Ryan

Augdog1964

Thanks!

Fantastic...

Also interested in what size and type of bolts you used for the mount attachment to the LVS. Did you put any cushion or spacers in the front shield as well to cushion the finish from metal on metal?

RDUKW

Fantastic...

Also interested in what size and type of bolts you used for the mount attachment to the LVS. Did you put any cushion or spacers in the front shield as well to cushion the finish from metal on metal?
I mounted the ring legs direct metal to metal. You don't want any cushion or the ring will not be solid. Here is the list of hardware.

Front leg mounts
4) 3/8 x 1
4) 3/8 x 4.5

Cross brace
4) 5/16 x 1

Rear leg
4) 1/2 x 1.5

Ring to legs
16) 1/2 x 2

All bolts are grade 8.

The cross brace is a piece of channel 2" x 1" x 1/8 wall. It is cut with angles on each end to match the legs and then 2 bolt holes in each end.

Ryan

RDUKW

Here are a few pictures of the mounts, hatches and One hard to come by gunners platform. There will be some fab work required (easy) and you will have to come up with some of the plastic bearing material for the slides Delrin tube with the bottom slotted).

Ryan