• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1009 with a fuel leak, air in fuel and some surging

kentuckycucv

Ok just did an electric fuel pump. I have air bubbles in my clear plastic tube coming out of my IP. It is sucking in air and stalling. I cant find any dripping fuel. Can the IP suck in air?

kentuckycucv

I just bypassed my fuel filter...still have air bubbles. Maybe its sucking in air back in the tank behind my new electric fuel pump? Maybe it is sucking in air on the line under the intake manifold? maybe it is sucking in air from the IP? I had a trail of fuel behind my truck when it died on the road but the next morning I cant get it to Leak. Any ideas???

southdave

I just bypassed my fuel filter...still have air bubbles. Maybe its sucking in air back in the tank behind my new electric fuel pump? Maybe it is sucking in air on the line under the intake manifold? maybe it is sucking in air from the IP? I had a trail of fuel behind my truck when it died on the road but the next morning I cant get it to Leak. Any ideas???
There is bunch of rubber lines on the system also it is 30yr old truck..

kentuckycucv

I took off the manifold and replaced the fuel hose and ran a new fuel line to the tank...problem solved. No more air bubbles and seems like the IP is functioning. But now the fuel guage isn't working and my 2 wires are are connect to the sending unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks