• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1031 Contract Maintainance truck at Hill AFB !

jason@snakeriver

I just won the bid on the better of the 2 contract maintaince trucks at Hill AFB in Utah. It had about 29,000 miles and picked it up for around $3,000.00.
Reading the post below, it looks like the other guy stumbled into just a little better deal. But this truck is in nice shape and I feel good about it.
Has the onboard Genset and may be missing the air compressor.
I have quite a few MV's but none with 6.2's.
Tom @ Snake River

COXIE

That was a good looking truck, I stumbled across it while searching. Too far for me. Glad to see it went to a good home.

jason@snakeriver

Let me ask a silly question, it is hard to tell from the pictures, but do these things run singles or duals on the rears ?
One pic looks like duals, another looks like a single. Tom @ Snake River

jason@snakeriver

That is good to know that you are by Hill AFB. I do have a cousin that lives about 4 miles away, and I think I will have him go over and pick it up.
The narritive says that it starts and runs. That way he can get it off the base and I can come down on a Sunday and pick it up.
If I think of it, I could give you a call and have you come over and help me go over it, and make sure that it is road worthy to go home.

superburban

I live about 30 minutes away and have a whole pile of 6.2 parts in my garage. So if you need anything during the recovery mission, just PM me.

I was watching both of those auctions pretty closely, but they went way higher than what I could afford right now.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Congrats now we are both doing the EUC wait for our brother trucks. I can not tell if mine has the air compressor or not you know the GL pictures are just revealing enough but not what you want. Can you post a picture of it?

jason@snakeriver

Chaplin, see if this link works
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1905774&categoryId=1004
I did not have to do an EUC on this truck, are you sure you had to do one on yours ???
I have reciept in hand already.
I am building a farm service truck out of mine. I run 5 - M-800 series trucks. We keep them origional but get to work them and drive them on a daily basis.
No way could you buy as nice a truck on the civi market.
The 3-phase is a Y-phase 208v, which is a little odd, but the 110v and 220v should work fine.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You know GL kills the bid page 24 hours after the sale it really is a pain so I always save pictures of the vehicles I am bidding on in case I miss them later. The generator is a 14Kw so it has plenty of power to run a home. I am quite excited about this vehicle as I will be starting my retirement business with it. I only have the vehicles below but I am hoping to add an M109 soon to the lot to make into my overnight camper/ heavy hauler. The way the generator is wired you should have plenty of single phase power available. The EUC thing is something wierd I had to do one on a dolly they screwed up on and should have had an EUC. This leads me to believe they are a little EUC shy. Normal CUCV trucks do not require them but mine did possibly because any one of them could have been an EOD truck with special equipment. I am quite sure mine was a run of the mill Maintainance Company truck from the USAR or USARNG.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, when I picked up my M1028A1 Contact Maint truck I asked the GL guy why an EUC wasn't necessary,he said it was because it wasn't considered a cargo vehicle.