• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1031 Contract Maintainance truck at Hill AFB !

jason@snakeriver

I just won the bid on the better of the 2 contract maintaince trucks at Hill AFB in Utah. It had about 29,000 miles and picked it up for around $3,000.00.
Reading the post below, it looks like the other guy stumbled into just a little better deal. But this truck is in nice shape and I feel good about it.
Has the onboard Genset and may be missing the air compressor.
I have quite a few MV's but none with 6.2's.
Tom @ Snake River

COXIE

That was a good looking truck, I stumbled across it while searching. Too far for me. Glad to see it went to a good home.

jason@snakeriver

Let me ask a silly question, it is hard to tell from the pictures, but do these things run singles or duals on the rears ?
One pic looks like duals, another looks like a single. Tom @ Snake River

jason@snakeriver

That is good to know that you are by Hill AFB. I do have a cousin that lives about 4 miles away, and I think I will have him go over and pick it up.
The narritive says that it starts and runs. That way he can get it off the base and I can come down on a Sunday and pick it up.
If I think of it, I could give you a call and have you come over and help me go over it, and make sure that it is road worthy to go home.

superburban

I live about 30 minutes away and have a whole pile of 6.2 parts in my garage. So if you need anything during the recovery mission, just PM me.

I was watching both of those auctions pretty closely, but they went way higher than what I could afford right now.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Congrats now we are both doing the EUC wait for our brother trucks. I can not tell if mine has the air compressor or not you know the GL pictures are just revealing enough but not what you want. Can you post a picture of it?

jason@snakeriver

Chaplin, see if this link works
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1905774&categoryId=1004
I did not have to do an EUC on this truck, are you sure you had to do one on yours ???
I have reciept in hand already.
I am building a farm service truck out of mine. I run 5 - M-800 series trucks. We keep them origional but get to work them and drive them on a daily basis.
No way could you buy as nice a truck on the civi market.
The 3-phase is a Y-phase 208v, which is a little odd, but the 110v and 220v should work fine.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You know GL kills the bid page 24 hours after the sale it really is a pain so I always save pictures of the vehicles I am bidding on in case I miss them later. The generator is a 14Kw so it has plenty of power to run a home. I am quite excited about this vehicle as I will be starting my retirement business with it. I only have the vehicles below but I am hoping to add an M109 soon to the lot to make into my overnight camper/ heavy hauler. The way the generator is wired you should have plenty of single phase power available. The EUC thing is something wierd I had to do one on a dolly they screwed up on and should have had an EUC. This leads me to believe they are a little EUC shy. Normal CUCV trucks do not require them but mine did possibly because any one of them could have been an EOD truck with special equipment. I am quite sure mine was a run of the mill Maintainance Company truck from the USAR or USARNG.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, when I picked up my M1028A1 Contact Maint truck I asked the GL guy why an EUC wasn't necessary,he said it was because it wasn't considered a cargo vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks