• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1032e1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The chassis cab rear axle width is near perfect for that body. Outstanding truck for sure.

bigugh20

It looks as though it were ment to be. I've always had an unexplained weakness for the contact main't trucks and the duelly ones in particular. I also think that this will be the perfect recovery rig. Great job sir!:drool:

M1031CMT

Sorry but I really hate it..........because I am jealous and want one myself! :mrgreen:

Get out of my head and stop stealing my ideas!

Good work. Keep it up!

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
green

The plan is by the end of the day Sat. "GET HER DONE"
will be totally 383 grn. We are using Hentzen water reducible
CARC. after a couple of days she'll get the blk. & brn.layed down.
Really anxious to see the finished deal!!!
Then on to interior..........I already "X-Treme" coated the entire
floor area ,have 2 real nice M- 1009 buckets and having a rear
seat out of "95" Chevy x-tended cab rcovered to match .My buddy who's shop I
am working in had a bunch of NOS M-1008 SEAT BACK COVERS
so I am using them as the donor vynal to match it all up.
Will post more pics after this weekend.........popacom/ Bill:driver:

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Source?

After much deliberation I have decided not to put the "DOUBLE BUBBLE GUM MACHINE"
back on the roof of "GET HER DONE" but am going to try and find one of the low profile Yellow LED Bars that are gaining favor with most police, fire and rescue.
Anyone know of a reasonable source for these critters? Guess I will try to sell the
one I took off. Just don't like the way it hides the clearance lights on the Contact Box/////////any IDEEES fellers? popacom / BILL in KY.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::driver:

86m1028

After much deliberation I have decided not to put the "DOUBLE BUBBLE GUM MACHINE"
back on the roof of "GET HER DONE" but am going to try and find one of the low profile Yellow LED Bars that are gaining favor with most police, fire and rescue.
Anyone know of a reasonable source for these critters? Guess I will try to sell the
one I took off. Just don't like the way it hides the clearance lights on the Contact Box/////////any IDEEES fellers? popacom / BILL in KY.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::driver:
Im no help on the lights.

I came here expecting to see some FINISHED PAINT PICS.:-(

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to let ya down

Well 86M-1028 - I sure did not mean to let ya down .........but it will likely be mid week next week before I get that accomplished .......weather here "SUUUUUCKs" .....so I have to play it by ear.....if ya know what I 'm sayin......popacom:popcorn:

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Let me know how the paint goes. I might have some that needs to be sprayed on a truck or two too. Good looking project homey.

Green_gator

I have a set of the low profile ones that came off of the crown victoria I bought from the local PD. If we can figure a way to transport back and forth we can trade them out. I am in Tampa, FL. The lights are yellow, red and clear.

Last edited:

Narley

Popcorn,

That is a great looking truck, and great idea..
Can't wait to see the finished product...
Narley in Nebraska:jumpin: Green for the current truck color...

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
contact box pieces parts

As you can see in pics if you look close, I am missing 2 upper
markerss on the angled part of the bed. And the re-enforcement
plate on step bumper that goes behind the pintle hook.
Anybody out there in CUCV land know of a damaged contact
box that someone is scraping or parting out? any leads
hit me please............popacom/ Bill:whistle:

ph#859-808-0836

p.s......I will see if the owner is down with that Sir Gimpy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks