• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-35 Frame Dimensions and type of steel

letssled

I was just wondering if someone could post the dimensions of the frame for the M-35? I was told 3" x 8" .375" formed channel, but I just want to verify. Also does anyone know what type of heat treatment(if any) was applied?

I have exhausted all search functions on this site and google :-(

Thanks!

letssled

armytruck63

I drilled six 1/2 inch holes in my frame when I installed a receiver hitch. I don't believe the frame is heat treated, but it is good medium strength steel.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly a low-carbon steel. I have welded-shut old bolt holes and then re-drilled, always using common drill bits with no problems.

Channel dimensions are 8" x 3", outside. Material thickness is 0.328" (8.33mm).

G.

letssled

Hey Guys, thank you very much! I am from Canada and I am planning a duece project, but unfortunately there are next to none up here. Nonetheless, I have located one in the USA and I am planning a trip to purchase it but want to insure it will suit my needs first; and I think a 6x6 is a beautiful truck!

Thanks again!
letssled

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks