• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-35 Frame Dimensions and type of steel

letssled

I was just wondering if someone could post the dimensions of the frame for the M-35? I was told 3" x 8" .375" formed channel, but I just want to verify. Also does anyone know what type of heat treatment(if any) was applied?

I have exhausted all search functions on this site and google :-(

Thanks!

letssled

armytruck63

I drilled six 1/2 inch holes in my frame when I installed a receiver hitch. I don't believe the frame is heat treated, but it is good medium strength steel.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly a low-carbon steel. I have welded-shut old bolt holes and then re-drilled, always using common drill bits with no problems.

Channel dimensions are 8" x 3", outside. Material thickness is 0.328" (8.33mm).

G.

letssled

Hey Guys, thank you very much! I am from Canada and I am planning a duece project, but unfortunately there are next to none up here. Nonetheless, I have located one in the USA and I am planning a trip to purchase it but want to insure it will suit my needs first; and I think a 6x6 is a beautiful truck!

Thanks again!
letssled