• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 52 series doing Rail duty

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, here it is, my hyrailer. you could do the same thing to a deuce, just use heavier wheels and arms. The tires actually ride on the railhead, providing the traction and braking. The rail wheels take up some of the weight off the suspension so that the flanged wheels guide the tires and keep the whole thing on the tracks. I've gone 25mph in it, but when I first got it on the truck I creped along. Nice to just put it in drive and sit back with both hands behind your head and 'drive'. I'm working on a wiring system with a cut out switch in the cab so I can set the gates and lights off at crossings- really make some people mad! :twisted:

Took these photos an hour ago.

Let a disaster strike, I'm still getting out of town one way or another! 8)

And yes, I have to finish painting the bed! I would have painted the whole thing OD but the need to be seen isn't what OD is for. :wink:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks