• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-820 questions

qonos

I just bought an M-820 for trips to Alaska when I retire in a few years. I hate to even think of doing this, but the cab is as small as a deuce cab, and I'm thinking of taking the spare tire holder off and extending the cab so I can drive it comfortably. Any ideas? Thanks. And a special thanks to Wehring, who I met in Az while he was on his way home with his new toy. He recommended the site to me, so thank you!

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Not only is the cab on the 800 series as small as a deuce cab, it IS a deuce cab. Or a deuce has a 5 ton cab, however you want to see it. Making a extended cab truck is just a exercise in sheet metal fabrication, build it to suit your needs. There are several posts here on 4 door cab conversions.

Glad you got to meet Justin, he's a great person with a lot of guts to drive a 5 ton halfway across the US!

qonos

With the expando box on it, I can only go back a little more than a foot, so four doors is out. I just want it back enough that I'm not trying to wrap my knees around the steering wheel to clutch and brake.

Justin seems to be the adventurous type! I bought mine from Florida and had considered driving it back, but I found a trucking company that did it for several hundred less than it would have cost me in fuel and lost wages, so I went that route.

Thanks for the info. I thought about either sheet metal or fiberglass. Haven't decided which yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks