• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1007 Suburban CUCV Conversion

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is a great looking truck. I had an 84 K2500 Suburban that I hated to get rid of since I am 6'4" and the newer ones got smaller in 91. I know one of our members has a mililitary make over Burb he had it at Aberdeen in 2007. I really like you truck.

BillIdaho

I remember seeing a bunch of GI suburbans at Mountain Home Air base, as well as Gowen Field (Boise Idaho) during the 80's and early 90's. The AF ones were usually painted blue, the ones at Gowen were almost always plain OD, (a few I remember were tan). They had the GI front ends, shackles, etc. The rear had the proper BO lights, etc. Antenna mounts towards the rear on the sides of the bodies. Very similar to the pictures shown.

Rickyoday

Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry to not answer your questions earlier, but I hadn't noticed that this post was active.
Hoot: I have alot of pics of the truck, is there a certain area you'd like to see?
Taylord: I had the canvas covers made by Mona at New Life Canvas, 952-758-3879. She does very nice work at a good price. She's awful busy, so there is a bit of a wait.
Desertfoto: Post pics of your project if you can...I'm sure everyone would like to see them.
Armyman: I had my Suburban at Aberdeen in "07, maybe you saw mine! I'll be taking it to Gilbert tomorrow, and may have it a Rauch Creek. I like your new avitar, BTW.
Rick

alphadeltaromeo

Dude...that's freakin sweet! It'd be perfect for my lil family of 11 *fat grin*...feeling generous????

I can't believe I said "dude" and "freakin sweet" rofl

Rickyoday

Desertfoto: The parts you need are available, you just have to find them close. You'll get spanked big time on shipping. if you can't find it close.
alphadeltaromeo: Thanks Dude! That's alright, I talk like that sometimes as well..... I'm not sure what you mean by generous though...?
CUCVFAN: I agree!! Do you know wher I can find one for about $500.?

desertfoto

Rickyoday said:
Desertfoto: The parts you need are available, you just have to find them close. You'll get spanked big time on shipping. if you can't find it close.
Barstow Truck Parts is about 3.5 hours away, does anyone know if what I need might be found there?

Jetnoise400

If you're going to go as far as Barstow, give Dave Walker a call:

1704 Darwin St.
Hesperia, CA 92345
(760)244-8060

He's just down the road from Barstow, and has lots of CUCV stuff. Check with him, he may have everything you're looking for.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am praying my sons follow up on promises and are at Rauch Creek this week end so say hello they should be there in the M1009. I sure am tempted to do something like that to my 98 Suburban if surface rust ever breaks out on it. It already has a massive grill guard but no other MIL VEH characaristics as it is an LT model. Do you have LED tail lights on it? If so then it was yours I saw man is it sweet

Rickyoday

Hi David, No LED lights....just the amber lightbar on top. I'll be at RC on Saturday, so I'll look your sons up. I'll be bringing my XM818A1 w/5th wheel wrecker. I'm about an hour and a half South of RC....your sons are welcome to park the trucks here, but it's alot of driving back and forth. Rick

marine0311

Very impressive. When i saw your project i was inspired to do my own and i think i am. As soon as i find a diesel suburban for the right price i'm in business to put some carc paint on there. Ill even cut a hole in the second row on top and slap an m-60 up there.....that will really turn heads. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks