• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008/9 Side Light Removal Torx Tool

CUCV IRL

:roll: Hi Folks,
I want to remove the front side light lenses from my truck to replace the bulbs behind them.
However, I can't figure out what size torx tool I need to remove the securing screws!! Is it a SAE or metric size? None of the torx tools I have fit and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone tell me the tool I need and where to get it. The joys of owning an American Military vehicle in Ireland/Europe!! I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

acetomatoco

Get one of the cheap plastic handled sets for about $2 at a flea market or a set of bits at one of the tool barns.

JohnFire

You are lucky torx are torx they are the no metric or sae. When i was traveling in Ireland I bought some tools to take back when I was working in Kuwait. I found most of your general hardware stores carry torx sets or individual torx drivers just ask one of the people behind a counter. It is definately a T-15 I just went out to the truck and checked, and that matches the headlight trim as well. You can also get a security bit set if for some odd reason someone put that type in there. PS I love Ireland and would love to live there if I could afford it. I also know a great place in Cork to get good pizza by the slice and at least it would be easier to get my Jameson.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks