• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008/9 Side Light Removal Torx Tool

CUCV IRL

:roll: Hi Folks,
I want to remove the front side light lenses from my truck to replace the bulbs behind them.
However, I can't figure out what size torx tool I need to remove the securing screws!! Is it a SAE or metric size? None of the torx tools I have fit and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone tell me the tool I need and where to get it. The joys of owning an American Military vehicle in Ireland/Europe!! I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

acetomatoco

Get one of the cheap plastic handled sets for about $2 at a flea market or a set of bits at one of the tool barns.

JohnFire

You are lucky torx are torx they are the no metric or sae. When i was traveling in Ireland I bought some tools to take back when I was working in Kuwait. I found most of your general hardware stores carry torx sets or individual torx drivers just ask one of the people behind a counter. It is definately a T-15 I just went out to the truck and checked, and that matches the headlight trim as well. You can also get a security bit set if for some odd reason someone put that type in there. PS I love Ireland and would love to live there if I could afford it. I also know a great place in Cork to get good pizza by the slice and at least it would be easier to get my Jameson.