• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 bumper on M1009

Boisemed

I would like to know if anyone has put the M1008 beefy (truck) bumper on an M1009? I picked one up and noticed all the hardware is different but the frame spacing is about the same. Do I need to make custom frame attachments?

Midnight Rider

I thought the bumpers were the same.

I did notice that when I ordered my receiver hitch, I had to get one for the Blazer as the trucks had more space between the frame rails. I would figure that would be true between the 1008/1028 and the 1009.

Boisemed,My 09 has a 08 step that MIKEPOP did a few yrs back and it make the truck look better! The pintle needs to be turned side ways to drop the tailgate or youll get a little dent, but so worth it. If you need pictures I can crawl under and send.

Boisemed

That would be really helpful. I thought I would have to make all new mounting hardware I.e. Weld up new brackets. The whole thing is considerably stronger the the M1009 and better looking.

hre513

Boisemed,My 09 has a 08 step that MIKEPOP did a few yrs back and it make the truck look better! The pintle needs to be turned side ways to drop the tailgate or youll get a little dent, but so worth it. If you need pictures I can crawl under and send.
nopics

K9Vic

If anyone can post up or provide me (us) with details of how to put the M1008 bumper on a Suburban/Blazer. I started to do this mod yesterday and saw that it probably needs cutting of the rear of the frame. This is not a major issue as I have a plasma cutter, but I would rather see what needs to be done before I make a mistake. I have a M1009 bumper, but I would rather have the truck bumper. Plus my M1009 bumper has no shackles and have to have that CUCV look on my Suburban.

cut the frame as close the the body as possible. I had to cut mine about an inch from the wiring harness on the driver side. Send me your email I will send you instructions I got from MikePop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks