• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 dana 60 front locker question

jeeps

My LSD doesnt seem to lock anymore, does anyone know of a locker that will fit in the limited slip carrier. I was looking at a lunch box locker (lockrite).

SmokeyDod

Why do you think you have a LSD in your M1008? Has someone changed it? The M1008 has the open type. M1028, 1031 has the "Dana Trac-Lok" which is a LSD.
But to answer your question, yes you can put the Locrite actual a "locker" in the open type Dana 60 housing.

seve7

lockers are not fun in the front unless its selectable, they really have a hard time steering because they wont differentiate wheel speed under power. in my jeep i put a eaton truetrac to be able to steer because i have an awd tcase and do a lot of driving in the snow.

jeeps

maybe I have a m1028 or 1031 front axle (they were alreadyy removed from the truck when I bought them in Albany GA.). When I changed the diff fluid, the carrier had the gears and some clutches in it. From what I can find, the carrier has to be replaced to install a locker. I would like a selectable locker, but they are very pricey. I just need information on what I have in it and what my options are for it. I called Richmond gear and told them that I had a CUCV axle and he didnt seem to have any interest to talk to me.

rnd-motorsports

when you call for parts its just a dana 60 front. Need not say anything about it being a cucv sometimes this helps!! but to put a lunch box locker as you called it, in you will need to replace the carrier with a open one. Can't think of any that will fit in the lsd carrier>