• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 dana 60 front locker question

jeeps

My LSD doesnt seem to lock anymore, does anyone know of a locker that will fit in the limited slip carrier. I was looking at a lunch box locker (lockrite).

SmokeyDod

Why do you think you have a LSD in your M1008? Has someone changed it? The M1008 has the open type. M1028, 1031 has the "Dana Trac-Lok" which is a LSD.
But to answer your question, yes you can put the Locrite actual a "locker" in the open type Dana 60 housing.

seve7

lockers are not fun in the front unless its selectable, they really have a hard time steering because they wont differentiate wheel speed under power. in my jeep i put a eaton truetrac to be able to steer because i have an awd tcase and do a lot of driving in the snow.

jeeps

maybe I have a m1028 or 1031 front axle (they were alreadyy removed from the truck when I bought them in Albany GA.). When I changed the diff fluid, the carrier had the gears and some clutches in it. From what I can find, the carrier has to be replaced to install a locker. I would like a selectable locker, but they are very pricey. I just need information on what I have in it and what my options are for it. I called Richmond gear and told them that I had a CUCV axle and he didnt seem to have any interest to talk to me.

rnd-motorsports

when you call for parts its just a dana 60 front. Need not say anything about it being a cucv sometimes this helps!! but to put a lunch box locker as you called it, in you will need to replace the carrier with a open one. Can't think of any that will fit in the lsd carrier>

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks