• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 diesel to gas conversion

m1008-jb

I found out something else to be aware of after cutting the hangers on the mufflers to make them fit. By cutting the hangers and moving the pipes forward the mufflers now are in the path of the travel of the leaf springs. When they compress with a load it pushed the muffler into the drive line causing it to rub and make a horrible noise. This is an obvious problem that I should have seen before it became one. That is what I get for being in a hurry.

indy4x4fab

Banned
if u have a question about how much a 6.2 will take i have had 350 ho four bolt mains, 454 tbi's, and i will take a gm 6.2 over them all all day long any day. if u r really wanting a power hog of a 6.2 buy a 6.5 turbo setup, it bolts right up to the 6.2 with little or no mods. throw a 50 h.p. shot of methenal injection at it and gain alittle more plus lower E.G.T. people dog the 6.2s and 6.5s but they will take a **** of a lot of abuse be for they go bang. the r companies out there that make roller rockers, head stud kit (a must if u turbo an NA diesel), lower main stud gartals, and more do some looking on the web site "thetruckstop.com" they have a hole form just for 6.2s and 6.5s. i personal have two a 79 k20 with a 6.2 NA, th400, np203, and a 83 k30 sleeper daully with a 6.2 NA, sm465, np203, and hands down more pulling power then any b.b. or s.b. chevy, hands down. considering a diesels tork range is almost the same at ideal and at 2300 to 2500 rpm. thats the beauty of diesels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks