• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Fuel Return Line Location

Efituned

I swapped the 6.2 for a gas engine and I have been having some fuel vapor lock issues. Looking to install an electric fuel pump with regulator. I looked for a return line going to the fuel tank when I pulled the 6.2 out and I couldn't find one. Does one exist on these Cucv's?

hodgeb

IIRC there are two of them on a 6.2 detroit vehicle - they're metal and run the length of the vehicle to the tank, above and below the larger diameter fuel feed line. At least that's what I think they are - they're present on both my 6.2 vehicles, and fuel comes out when they break. :)

Efituned

Off topic but how do you get power to the gas motor?
I used some wiring diagrams, that I found on this forum, to see what needed power in the cab, like fuse box. Then once the inside was powered, I found switched ignition and constant power outputs from the firewall harness connection.

IIRC there are two of them on a 6.2 detroit vehicle - they're metal and run the length of the vehicle to the tank, above and below the larger diameter fuel feed line. At least that's what I think they are - they're present on both my 6.2 vehicles, and fuel comes out when they break. :)
I will look this afternoon and see what I can find. I saw a line coming from the fuel tank about 8" out and it was capped off. Either this line is a vent or the return line.

phil2968

On Recovry4x4's M1010 that capped line is a fuel pick up for a generator if the truck had be a "contact maintenance truck". It worked well for the engine pick up. Also worked on Seddmon's contact maintenance truck on his way home from the last SSGR.
I guess you have a M1008? I would think the lines would be the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks