• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Fuel Return Line Location

Efituned

I swapped the 6.2 for a gas engine and I have been having some fuel vapor lock issues. Looking to install an electric fuel pump with regulator. I looked for a return line going to the fuel tank when I pulled the 6.2 out and I couldn't find one. Does one exist on these Cucv's?

hodgeb

IIRC there are two of them on a 6.2 detroit vehicle - they're metal and run the length of the vehicle to the tank, above and below the larger diameter fuel feed line. At least that's what I think they are - they're present on both my 6.2 vehicles, and fuel comes out when they break. :)

Efituned

Off topic but how do you get power to the gas motor?
I used some wiring diagrams, that I found on this forum, to see what needed power in the cab, like fuse box. Then once the inside was powered, I found switched ignition and constant power outputs from the firewall harness connection.

IIRC there are two of them on a 6.2 detroit vehicle - they're metal and run the length of the vehicle to the tank, above and below the larger diameter fuel feed line. At least that's what I think they are - they're present on both my 6.2 vehicles, and fuel comes out when they break. :)
I will look this afternoon and see what I can find. I saw a line coming from the fuel tank about 8" out and it was capped off. Either this line is a vent or the return line.

phil2968

On Recovry4x4's M1010 that capped line is a fuel pick up for a generator if the truck had be a "contact maintenance truck". It worked well for the engine pick up. Also worked on Seddmon's contact maintenance truck on his way home from the last SSGR.
I guess you have a M1008? I would think the lines would be the same.