• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 ideas (paint, gears, lift & tires)

AJMBLAZER

I dunno, do you feel educated at all?:roll:

(BTW- To the mods, this is why I'm increasingly spending less time here. You'll notice other long time members doing the same.)

AJMBLAZER

Right...because you've obviously shown us all how knowledgable you are on the subject of modifying vehicles and the laws that affect such things.:roll:

Have a nice life buddy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep it polite and civil. Use the forums to share info and help each other, not argue.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee...all my posts talking to no one seem a bit weird now...

Want me to delete them?

Nope, I restored his posts.

Lets hope we dont see this kind of stuff here, anymore.

Last edited:
HMMM...been away a while myself.

but i have to respond...to the original poster,please don't be scared off moding your cucv.this particular generation of gm NEEDS mods imop...especially the steering.my own truck is an m-1010 ambulance.tall things tip over right?:roll:

i have a 6 inch lift and 37's on mine,and it measures well over 9 feet to the top of the ambulance body.this past winter i drove it from edmonton alberta cross country to my parents home in northern new-brunswick.round trip of something over 9000 km's.in winter.i drove in temps below -30f,in a blizzard.also experienced heavy rain,freezing rain,ice pellets,winds gusting over 90 kph,heavy snow,and long hours of darkness in remote areas.

it didn't fail me.niether did the swapped in 4l80e trans.i was even scoped out by the police in ontario,all of whom loved the truck (some were former military).the mods,especially the cross over steering,made life easier,not harder.i'm currently gathering parts for a cummins conversion.

and the shiny sides' still up...;-)

gmjunky87

i just got an 85 m1008 i'd like to go either 33's or 35's or bigger. but i'd also love to get some sort of overdrive for it, i know with the 4l80e you need a stand alone controller. what about a heavily rebuilt 700r4? whats a good set up if you were to go with a 4l80e or 700r4 as far as gearing and tires. i'd rather just leave the 4.56 in the axles and go big on the tires. so much stuff i wanna do to mine but no time or money, blah!! it would be used to haul firewood, coal, stone, demo cars, family safari rides (the wooden seats in the rear haha)

also i'd hate to chop the sheetmetal on this thing for fear of the GM cancer to spread rapidly haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks