• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 no start

k20

Aha, I figured it out, when I got the truck, I hooked the battery cables up how they were made in the truck. The battery cables looked new, but it wouldnt turn over, so I replaced em. Well, bad move, because the cables were in the truck wrong, the feed to the cab was off the positive side of the 2nd battery. Basically the cab was getting 24v so yeh, hopefully nothing else is fried.

Im actually hoping the burned up FSS was the reason the Marines parked it.

mangus580

Glad you found the problem!! You might be replacing lights for a while ;-) I think thats about the only thing that would have really suffered.

jimsjtaac

a bicron 26214 12v is the same solenoid used in a john deere fuel injector pump. mine is a jd 300b-industrial backhoe tractor. the fuel injector pump is used on many different machines- cotton pickers, crawlers, tractors etc. anyway my solenoid is in the injector pump and it turns the fuel off-apply power to the solenoid and it closes and lets a spring loaded valve in the pump open. turn off the key and the solenoid opens and closes the valve, shutting off the fuel. STANDYNE is the distributator--just yahoo standyne and you can get 100's of dealers over the us and world--most are diesel injector & pump services. dealer in austin, tx. charges $109.00 for this solenoid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks