• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 on recentered H1's on 37's

XJfreakHO

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SteelSoldiers should auto-resize your pics.

We do prefer you post them here, and not use links.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, you need to save the pics on your computer, to post(attach) them here.

XJfreakHO

Looks good!

How did it do over the weekend?
Did very well, we did all the main trails with no problems, tried daniel on sunday, which is the hardest trail at the park, busted a u joint in the front Driveshaft. They were the original u joints though probably, we didnt have time to replace them for the trip, as the shop we had do the lift didn't finish until friday at 2 pm and we left immediately after.

Next time we will be better off, current plans include but are not limited to:

On Board Air, planning to put a 10 gallon air tank in the bed, york compressor from an old volvo, and go from there.

York air compressor

Hitch, need to figure out how to mount a hitch safely with minimal modification, we mounted the hitch on the bumper for this weekend, and it didn't work, we had to weld in some tubing to brace it, and it hangs down so low still. It held for the trip, but it was just a temporary fix.

TCUCV

Nice looking M1008 you got there, I just did the rough country 4" lift with 36" hummer tires on 12 bolt hummer wheels . . . I'm planning on being at URE this weekend! Going camping right off the trail Wolfsden I think its called, I'll be bringing my m1008 but hoping not to brake a ujoint.

* Do these trucks use the same ujoints as the civilians?

XJfreakHO

Looks good. Are you going to trim the fender wells now?
This is my fathers truck, he doesn't want to, I am trying to convince him its the best method for clearance. However, I believe he will not wheel this truck much. Looking for a M1009 Blazer to swap tons under, he loves the 6.2 so far, we all love the 400, the 208 is fine for what this truck will see, for the blazer probably swap it for a 205 and go twin stick.

Nice lookin truck you did a good job! [thumbzup] do a search for Reese hitch on here lots of ideas I cut the center from one welded to the bottom of bumper and two braces and pull a trailer with my mud truck several sets of tires and tools not had a problem and up out of the way

[URL="http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachments/cucv/207144d1287519702-rear-receiver-mount-question-100_1516.jpg"]
The hitch is bolted to the bumper, then we have 2 pieces of dom tubing attached to the frame and the hitch, it worked, but I dont trust it.

Thanks, its been fun so far.

Nice looking M1008 you got there, I just did the rough country 4" lift with 36" hummer tires on 12 bolt hummer wheels . . . I'm planning on being at URE this weekend! Going camping right off the trail Wolfsden I think its called, I'll be bringing my m1008 but hoping not to brake a ujoint.

* Do these trucks use the same ujoints as the civilians?
Yeah, probably going to upgrade to the 1350 front, I dont check this site as often as I should, next time you go to URE hit me up.

1350 for the rears and i think 1310's for the front. the truck will take more abuse than ya think:cool:
It took some abuse, and drove home, towing a trailer, with my jeep.

Dad hates towing, has no experience with it, plus hes a speed demon and gets mad because he can't pass people whenever he wants.

XJfreak... check out this post, I put up some pics of my hitch and how it's attached.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/39565-m-1028-bolt-reciever-hitch-2.html
Going to look into that soon, the 6.2 doesn't really have the ass to tow much, so we may use the f250 from now on, but I will see.

============================================

Personally, just working on this truck I have learned alot, and plan to get an M1008 for a truggy project down the road, already looked into shipping from military bases. Thatll be a year down the road atleast, but still, never hurts to have a plan.

Fleg

On Board Air, planning to put a 10 gallon air tank in the bed, york compressor from an old volvo, and go from there.

York air compressor
A 10 gallon tank is way over kill. I've ran a 2.5 gallon tank in the past and it worked ok for using air tools. In reality, if you're not planning on running air tools then just the york is the fastest way to air up tires.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I'm going to have to source a M1008 next. They just look too good to not have one.

XJfreakHO

10 Gallon tank is not overkill for me IMO... Grinder or cut off wheel will burn through that pretty quickly if ever I want to use one, and I would most definately plan to run airtools.

Also thinking about an onboard welder setup, but I am not sure how I would power it exactly.

And yeah, I had a 77 K10 a long time ago and loved it, driving this cucv brings it back, its great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks