• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 tranny added 7.3 quarts still not filled up?

maxpanic

So I have an odd puzzle. I took the pan off the tranny and drained all the fluid. Then I put the pan back on and as the FAQ says I added 4 quarts of dexron III. when I turned on the engine and measured the level it didn't even show on the dip stick. I added another 3.2 quarts until I ran out of tranny fluid, I have to go buy some more tomorrow I guess. I this really possible or have I fouled something up? I will quickly be up to 8 quarts for the tranny and then who knows?

maxpanic

So in the CUCV FAQ is this wrong?

Transmission (TH400, 3-Speed)

• Transmission fluid was indicated as Dexron II. This has been replaced with Dexron III.
  • Transmission filter is NAPA# ATP14558 (or 19701 w/gasket); FRAM# FT1020A (w/gasket)
  • It only takes 1 pt. to raise the level (hot) from “add” to “full”.
  • Capacity is listed as 4 qts., but this may vary. Fill as needed to reach level.
  • Drain/Fill and replace filter every 2 years. Do more frequently if regularly using off-road or for towing

Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A completely dry TH400 (new build and empty converter) takes about 12.5-13 quarts. Subtract 3.5-4qts for the converter and valve body. You're close, don't worry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks