• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 tranny added 7.3 quarts still not filled up?

maxpanic

So I have an odd puzzle. I took the pan off the tranny and drained all the fluid. Then I put the pan back on and as the FAQ says I added 4 quarts of dexron III. when I turned on the engine and measured the level it didn't even show on the dip stick. I added another 3.2 quarts until I ran out of tranny fluid, I have to go buy some more tomorrow I guess. I this really possible or have I fouled something up? I will quickly be up to 8 quarts for the tranny and then who knows?

maxpanic

So in the CUCV FAQ is this wrong?

Transmission (TH400, 3-Speed)

• Transmission fluid was indicated as Dexron II. This has been replaced with Dexron III.
  • Transmission filter is NAPA# ATP14558 (or 19701 w/gasket); FRAM# FT1020A (w/gasket)
  • It only takes 1 pt. to raise the level (hot) from “add” to “full”.
  • Capacity is listed as 4 qts., but this may vary. Fill as needed to reach level.
  • Drain/Fill and replace filter every 2 years. Do more frequently if regularly using off-road or for towing

Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A completely dry TH400 (new build and empty converter) takes about 12.5-13 quarts. Subtract 3.5-4qts for the converter and valve body. You're close, don't worry.