• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 vent window/frame

ssgtwright-usmc

I am looking for a new or used vent window frame for my M1008.
Does anyone know what year I should be looking at buying?
I have a 85 M1008 but I think Chevy kept the M1008 the same as the 84 model.
LMC Truck says they dont have the vent window assemble for 81-84.
I have looked at junk yards around here and bought one from a 85-87 Chevy K30 and it didnt fit.
Any ideas on where else I can find one or if someone here might be selling parts off of their trucks?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have thought any 1981-1987 and blazer/suburban to 1991 would fit. The only difference maybe would be the shape of the vent window latch. I just put an 82 K-10 vent into my 1984 M1028A3 with no problems.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The curve of the window assemble doesnt match, its like it was made for a differant year vehicle and it leaves a gap between frame of door and the assemble itself.
That doesn't make sence, the door shells are the same for all 81-87 chevy trucks 1/2 ton through dually.

ssgtwright-usmc

Then again, they might have taken it from a differant vehicle and just told me that it came from a GMC.
I was not allowed to go and take the part off myself.

allrevup

On civilian truck/SUV, vent windows are different (73-84) & (85-91) The 85 ON assembly can be used as a replacement for 73-84, There may be a difference in the placement and number of holes . The 1984 CUCV, have NONE tinted glass, the two pieces weather strip molding and the black locking handles. The 1985-1987 CUCV, may have the '73-'84 style.

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am also looking for a part for my driver's side vent window. I need the small metal frame that holds the vent glass and has the long stud on the bottom. While replacing my vent rubber I broke the stud. Does anybody know where I might could find this? Does anybody have a CUCV parts truck?

Thanks.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lindy;

I need the drivers side vent frame. My glass is good. The pivot stud broke. I don't need the entire assembly, just the small metal frame that pivots with the glass. However if you have the whole assembly, I may simply install my glass into your frame. let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks.

Mike Gresham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks