• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 vent window/frame

ssgtwright-usmc

I am looking for a new or used vent window frame for my M1008.
Does anyone know what year I should be looking at buying?
I have a 85 M1008 but I think Chevy kept the M1008 the same as the 84 model.
LMC Truck says they dont have the vent window assemble for 81-84.
I have looked at junk yards around here and bought one from a 85-87 Chevy K30 and it didnt fit.
Any ideas on where else I can find one or if someone here might be selling parts off of their trucks?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have thought any 1981-1987 and blazer/suburban to 1991 would fit. The only difference maybe would be the shape of the vent window latch. I just put an 82 K-10 vent into my 1984 M1028A3 with no problems.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The curve of the window assemble doesnt match, its like it was made for a differant year vehicle and it leaves a gap between frame of door and the assemble itself.
That doesn't make sence, the door shells are the same for all 81-87 chevy trucks 1/2 ton through dually.

ssgtwright-usmc

Then again, they might have taken it from a differant vehicle and just told me that it came from a GMC.
I was not allowed to go and take the part off myself.

allrevup

On civilian truck/SUV, vent windows are different (73-84) & (85-91) The 85 ON assembly can be used as a replacement for 73-84, There may be a difference in the placement and number of holes . The 1984 CUCV, have NONE tinted glass, the two pieces weather strip molding and the black locking handles. The 1985-1987 CUCV, may have the '73-'84 style.

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am also looking for a part for my driver's side vent window. I need the small metal frame that holds the vent glass and has the long stud on the bottom. While replacing my vent rubber I broke the stud. Does anybody know where I might could find this? Does anybody have a CUCV parts truck?

Thanks.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lindy;

I need the drivers side vent frame. My glass is good. The pivot stud broke. I don't need the entire assembly, just the small metal frame that pivots with the glass. However if you have the whole assembly, I may simply install my glass into your frame. let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks.

Mike Gresham