• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 w/ Wrangler Authority tires ?!?

VenomInjected

Searched searched searched..... I've seen 2 or 3 of you running them but..... pictures? Size ? (Walmart shows only the stock m1008 size of 235/85/16)

Curious as wally world lists a load 'index' vs load rating...

is a 120 equiv as an 'E' or can it take the load... but at a lower pressure and more sidewall flex?

Would like to run these out in all 4 and on an m101a2 trailer also... (uber spare abilities) But if it would be flex-o-crazy.... I'll pass.

Oh...wisconsin...snow.... that is more important than mud-clean out. (Why I'm thinking NO to some other tires... both width wise and side sipes)

Alot cheaper than AT/KO's, MTR's, or even Kuhmo KL71's

The Wrangler Authority (LT235/85R16 = $168 ish Ea. @ Wally's)
0069766209365_500X500.jpg

hoplite666

120 is the load index. It corresponds to a figure in pounds that the tire can support at a given air pressure. E is the number plys in the tire. E would be a 10 ply tire. Pretty much all 8 and 10 ply tires are going to have a load index of 120 or higher.
Also be sure to get a tire thats "Q" rated. There will be a snowflake in a mountain on the side wall. This signifies extreme snow rated. You may want to look at the BFgoodrich Commercial T/A traction of the Uniroyal Laredo H/D T (the uniroyal is a clone of the BFG and they cost less (both owned by michelin)). Both those model tires are in your size and would be E load, Q rated and accept studs. You'd be good to go in the winter with some of those.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks