• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 w/ Wrangler Authority tires ?!?

VenomInjected

Searched searched searched..... I've seen 2 or 3 of you running them but..... pictures? Size ? (Walmart shows only the stock m1008 size of 235/85/16)

Curious as wally world lists a load 'index' vs load rating...

is a 120 equiv as an 'E' or can it take the load... but at a lower pressure and more sidewall flex?

Would like to run these out in all 4 and on an m101a2 trailer also... (uber spare abilities) But if it would be flex-o-crazy.... I'll pass.

Oh...wisconsin...snow.... that is more important than mud-clean out. (Why I'm thinking NO to some other tires... both width wise and side sipes)

Alot cheaper than AT/KO's, MTR's, or even Kuhmo KL71's

The Wrangler Authority (LT235/85R16 = $168 ish Ea. @ Wally's)
0069766209365_500X500.jpg

hoplite666

120 is the load index. It corresponds to a figure in pounds that the tire can support at a given air pressure. E is the number plys in the tire. E would be a 10 ply tire. Pretty much all 8 and 10 ply tires are going to have a load index of 120 or higher.
Also be sure to get a tire thats "Q" rated. There will be a snowflake in a mountain on the side wall. This signifies extreme snow rated. You may want to look at the BFgoodrich Commercial T/A traction of the Uniroyal Laredo H/D T (the uniroyal is a clone of the BFG and they cost less (both owned by michelin)). Both those model tires are in your size and would be E load, Q rated and accept studs. You'd be good to go in the winter with some of those.

Last edited: