• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

rottiedog

Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

AJMBLAZER said:
Nice. Regeared it yet?
Not yet but I have started. Don't really want to put money into the 10 bolts so I have been looking for something better. Picked up a 12 bolt with 4:11 for the rear but can't do anything till I figure out what to do with the front. Might just re-gear the front to match the 12 bolt for now.

rottiedog

Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

CCATLETT1984 said:
how hard was it to get the back plates on with the fuel tank there?
It was not possible but I didn't remove it all the way. Just undid the rear bolts on the skid plate and the tank straps with a jack under it. Lowered it until I had enough room to get my hand back there. Didn't unhook any hoses and it all went pretty smooth. Rivets took a little while.

84cucv1ton

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight roa

i would say get a 14b for the rear and a 10b 8 luge for the front. i know the 14bs are pretty strong. 3/4 ton set of axles up where i live are around 250 to 500. depends on the gears and shape of them. i dont know to much about all this stuff yet, but i really dont think a 10 or 12b is worth putting money into. i know around here if u look you can get a 14b for 100 bucks. if your going to wheel a lot with 36s i think a 14b would be a better choice. i know many people that busted 10b.

hope this helps later

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks