• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

rottiedog

Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

AJMBLAZER said:
Nice. Regeared it yet?
Not yet but I have started. Don't really want to put money into the 10 bolts so I have been looking for something better. Picked up a 12 bolt with 4:11 for the rear but can't do anything till I figure out what to do with the front. Might just re-gear the front to match the 12 bolt for now.

rottiedog

Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight road

CCATLETT1984 said:
how hard was it to get the back plates on with the fuel tank there?
It was not possible but I didn't remove it all the way. Just undid the rear bolts on the skid plate and the tank straps with a jack under it. Lowered it until I had enough room to get my hand back there. Didn't unhook any hoses and it all went pretty smooth. Rivets took a little while.

84cucv1ton

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M1009/36 inch swampers/nice straight roa

i would say get a 14b for the rear and a 10b 8 luge for the front. i know the 14bs are pretty strong. 3/4 ton set of axles up where i live are around 250 to 500. depends on the gears and shape of them. i dont know to much about all this stuff yet, but i really dont think a 10 or 12b is worth putting money into. i know around here if u look you can get a 14b for 100 bucks. if your going to wheel a lot with 36s i think a 14b would be a better choice. i know many people that busted 10b.

hope this helps later