• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Bumper Bolts

rod

Guys,

I am changing out the rear bumper on my M1009 and have run into some rusted bolts that will probably need to be cut off. I was able to get 4 or the 8 bumber bolts out but the other 4 bumper bolts will probably need to be cut out. If anyone has 4 or 5 of the bumper bolts and nuts I would like to purchase them. These are the bolts that mount thru the bumper into the support frame.

Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Jetnoise400

Hey Rod,

I was missing a couple bolts on my CUCV bumper, and found replacements at my local NAPA. I just took one off the truck and brought it with me for a reference, They matched it up no problem. They only had bolts with chrome caps, but I just pryed the caps off, hit the heads with a spot of OD, and they went right on and matched perfectly.

Hope that helps!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:ditto: I did the exact thing on my truck. I had the bumpers off to sandblast them and repaint. I went ahead an put on all new ones because they were cheap and I didn't want to mess with rusty ones later.

rod

Guys, thank you for the responses.

It occurred to me this morining about 2am (when I woke up thinking about the bolts) that I had a junker M1009 that I am parting out. Today after church and ckecking the cows I was able to get all 8 of the bolts out of the junkers front bumper. This will work out well because I now have a M1009 front bumper and brushguard that I can sell plus all eight good bolts and nuts.

Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks