• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Bumper Bolts

rod

Guys,

I am changing out the rear bumper on my M1009 and have run into some rusted bolts that will probably need to be cut off. I was able to get 4 or the 8 bumber bolts out but the other 4 bumper bolts will probably need to be cut out. If anyone has 4 or 5 of the bumper bolts and nuts I would like to purchase them. These are the bolts that mount thru the bumper into the support frame.

Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Jetnoise400

Hey Rod,

I was missing a couple bolts on my CUCV bumper, and found replacements at my local NAPA. I just took one off the truck and brought it with me for a reference, They matched it up no problem. They only had bolts with chrome caps, but I just pryed the caps off, hit the heads with a spot of OD, and they went right on and matched perfectly.

Hope that helps!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:ditto: I did the exact thing on my truck. I had the bumpers off to sandblast them and repaint. I went ahead an put on all new ones because they were cheap and I didn't want to mess with rusty ones later.

rod

Guys, thank you for the responses.

It occurred to me this morining about 2am (when I woke up thinking about the bolts) that I had a junker M1009 that I am parting out. Today after church and ckecking the cows I was able to get all 8 of the bolts out of the junkers front bumper. This will work out well because I now have a M1009 front bumper and brushguard that I can sell plus all eight good bolts and nuts.

Thanks again.