• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Door Adjustment

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New striker sleeves are made by Dorman, found in most chain auto parts stores carded with a red background with HELP, in the display.

Couple bucks tops, use the right thing...

Part numbers have been posted before(and are easily found in the TMs).

M1008BOV

Over on the squarebody forum they swear by the 1/2" pex method and since I can't find the bushings in stock anywhere around here I'm going to stop at Lowe's and get a 5' section for $1.86. Great thread thanks guys! [thumbzup]

cucvrus

[thumbzup]WOW. I never thought of a door striker as such a technical thing that I needed to refer to a Training Manual or a forum. I just used common sense and the get it fixed approach. FYI. The rubber hose works. It is unaffected by the cold and lasted for 10 plus years. I must be missing something with such precise measurements and requirements on a door striker. It must be a mil-spec thing.[thumbzup] Do as you wish spend dollars when pennies fix it.

Hasdrubal

I made mine from some hard white plastic bushings I found lying around a motorcycle mechanics bench. Put a cut in them to slip it on, work great.

M1008BOV

I can't find them anywhere local or online. Looks like the GM ones have been discontinued? Also, the GM ones are 9/16" I.D. so I imagine the 1/2" pex or fuel line will take some silicone and persuasion to slide on, but at this point I'm going to give it a try. I'm normally use the right tool (or part) for the job kind of guy, but this fix is less than $2 and if for some reason it doesn't work can be removed in a couple minutes.

kkcshipp

$1.38 for 1 ft. of 1/2 in heater hose and either way there is "persuasion" with the fitment. Too easy, works like a charm. Used a razor to cut, didn't need a saw and its softer than plastic; but to each his own. Thanks CUCVRUS for another simple tip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't find them anywhere local or online. Looks like the GM ones have been discontinued? Also, the GM ones are 9/16" I.D. so I imagine the 1/2" pex or fuel line will take some silicone and persuasion to slide on, but at this point I'm going to give it a try. I'm normally use the right tool (or part) for the job kind of guy, but this fix is less than $2 and if for some reason it doesn't work can be removed in a couple minutes.

You would if you Google the part number I listed. Sorry, I can wait a few days to get the right part.

the skull

My truck has this. It works very well, I've used it on a couple of other trucks too.
It needs hinge pins to complete the job, but I like it

IMG_1186.jpgIMG_1187.jpgWhen you guys that have replaced door hinge pins/bushings......I have pulled old pins and original brass bushings, which were not in that bad of shape, but door did have a little wiggle room up and down.

Are there only the two brass bushings to replace for each hinge?

When I replace the bushings and pin, and before I re-bolt the door to the hinge.....the two hinge pieces now have a little play up and down......am i missing a plastic washer or some other spacer to have the two hinge pieces perfectly snug to each other?

Last edited:

Mg84648

View attachment 689922View attachment 689923When you guys that have replaced door hinge pins/bushings......I have pulled old pins and original brass bushings, which were not in that bad of shape, but door did have a little wiggle room up and down.

Are there only the two brass bushings to replace for each hinge?

When I replace the bushings and pin, and before I re-bolt the door to the hinge.....the two hinge pieces now have a little play up and down......am i missing a plastic washer or some other spacer to have the two hinge pieces perfectly snug to each other?
Once the doors are installed you probably won't be able to feel it. But, no there aren't any spacers except the bushings.

Last edited:

FrankenCub

I like this PEX idea, I already have some scrap pieces laying around and it's really good stuff. Need to do my door pins and bushings too. They're pretty shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks