• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 Fuel pump leak

frankieg

It looks my my fuel lift pump is leaking. It is very close to the crossmember. Is it replacable without removing the right side motor mount or jacking up the engine. Would it be better to install a electric pump and by-pass the mechanical one?
Do these pumps ever leak externally at the middle seam? If they don't leak there - maybe it is just a fuel line
thanks for the help in advance

CUCV85

:grd: YES agreed just replace the feed lift pump, make sure to have the push rod in the right place with some axle grease. I paid 15.00 for mine from Advance Auto Parts 2 years ago.
By the way it takes 1 hour to take off and replace with a new one. Easy Job.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks