• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 got hit this morning

flyxpl

You are worrying to much . the bodyshop will find the parts you need . They will repair it to previous condition , meaning the same color . If you wanted the color changed or a complete paint job expect to pay more for a paint job then you did the truck . If the quarter needs replaced the shop will get one that they are confident will fit . Take it to a bodyshop and let them do what they do best .

Napoleon_Tanerite

You are worrying to much . the bodyshop will find the parts you need . They will repair it to previous condition , meaning the same color . If you wanted the color changed or a complete paint job expect to pay more for a paint job then you did the truck . If the quarter needs replaced the shop will get one that they are confident will fit . Take it to a bodyshop and let them do what they do best .
i found the bumper, i'll let them find the quarter panel... they get the easy one. I just want it done right

panshark

good luck, and remember that some insurance adjusters will make you argue/fight/beg to get what is rightfully yours, so be willing to "agree to disagree" with the other guy's insurance adjuster, i.e. not settling for what they tell you to take. Plenty of members here have had experience with insurance adjusters, do not be afraid to ask for help and advice. Good luck!

Napoleon_Tanerite

good luck, and remember that some insurance adjusters will make you argue/fight/beg to get what is rightfully yours, so be willing to "agree to disagree" with the other guy's insurance adjuster, i.e. not settling for what they tell you to take. Plenty of members here have had experience with insurance adjusters, do not be afraid to ask for help and advice. Good luck!
Well, I certainly won't take "totaled" for an answer unless they offer me something ridiculous for the truck in the neighborhood of $6000, since that's close to what I have in it plus a bit for my trouble. It WILL get fixed, I like this truck FAR too much to not get it fixed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to reconsider carrying full coverage. I like "agreed value" policies.

edpdx

If your state is anything like the one I live in... the law says that the insurance company has to restore your car to pre-collision condition. If your paint was CARC or a reasonable facsimile thereof, make the paint shot get it. Insurance companies will weasel out of stuff. A call to your state's insurance board should get them in line if they try to do it on the cheap.

panshark

good news is that state farm doesn't foster an atmosphere of claim refusals like many of it's competitors. If you feel like your claim was handled well, consider being a client. I saw how their claims adjusters worked, and I became a client. I'm also on the other side of the country, so results may vary.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I certainly won't take "totaled" for an answer unless they offer me something ridiculous for the truck in the neighborhood of $6000, since that's close to what I have in it plus a bit for my trouble. It WILL get fixed, I like this truck FAR too much to not get it fixed.
If they do want to total it for less than you think it's worth you can always agree on a reasonable amount with you keeping the "salvage." Make sure in that instance they agree to not "brand" the title so it doesn't show up as a "salvaged" vehicle.

Having been a Claims Adjuster and Claims Branch Manager I can say that most companies don't try to screw you over. But in the same instance there are an awful lot of people that think their '91 Geo Metro is worth $12k and it's not. In your case you're not out of line with what your vehicle is worth.

Napoleon_Tanerite

If they do want to total it for less than you think it's worth you can always agree on a reasonable amount with you keeping the "salvage." Make sure in that instance they agree to not "brand" the title so it doesn't show up as a "salvaged" vehicle.

Having been a Claims Adjuster and Claims Branch Manager I can say that most companies don't try to screw you over. But in the same instance there are an awful lot of people that think their '91 Geo Metro is worth $12k and it's not. In your case you're not out of line with what your vehicle is worth.
Despite the dollar value of what I have invested in the vehicle, I really don't want to get anything else, because there's not much that can replace the capability of my M1009, at least not anything near that price point.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta say, I LOVE THE 'U' on the back of your truck.

Glad you found the bumper. I HAVE ONE, but I live in Denver and even if I gave it to you for free, the shipping would have been a killer.

Glad you found one. These parts are slowly drying up. Snag as much as you can now because five or ten years from now, parts MAY become difficult. So if there are parts you think you are going to need, get them NOW. Besides, any part you collect you don't need? I'm sure some one here will find it has a great value to them.

And I would send that picture of the window frosted up to the insurance agent if you have not done so already.

Also, while you said the father called another officer (good for him), you did not say what kind of ticket the kid got. I'm pretty sure you have them ... uh ... by the short hairs... so to speak. Not saying you should attempt to screw them. Just realize that ONE PICTURE, shown to a judge, would get that kids license suspended at the very least. AND THE INSURANCE COMPANY KNOWS THIS...

Last edited:

rickf

I am pretty sure the bumper is a standard bumper for a blazer and has been cut out for the lights and clevis brackets. Granted it is easier to use one already prepared. I would agree on OEM parts but I think that quarter could be repaired. I have repaired much worse then that, and with little to no bondo.
Rick

Im a Blaster i mess with carc everyday its some really nasty stuff WEAR PROTECTIVE PPE WHEN SANDING ON THIS MESS I cant stress that enough thiers lead silca Chromium just to name a few Sorry to hear about the 1009 i hope u get it back the way it was or better Good luck as for parts im buying as much as i can find Bumpers Switches what ever i can find u never know what u are gonna need :driver:

jw4x4

I recently bought some LMC replacement body parts for my 1009. They fit very well, but were considerably thinner than the original. If I had it to do over again, I would have tried to find non-rusted parts from an older vehicle if possible.

Dodgeman1941

We got a replacement Pass side front quater from NAPA and it's really good quality and a really good price. It is also CAPA certified for OEM fit and finish. One of the things that concerned me the most about LMC is that they talked about dents and dings in shippment and this one was flawless.

Atwater

i bought a door from lmc, after a few hours of adjustments it still did not look right. aua the forward post was tisted qite a bit.(anybody want a slightly used new door?)
ended up pulling it off and settiling for the original (still shows some wrinkles after alot of work)
on the other hand the hood i got seems reasonable but yes oem original pats are best.

Napoleon_Tanerite

UPDATE: As of today, I still don't have my Blazer back. My experience with LMC has been very poor, and is the main reason I still don't have my Blazer. The first fender they sent was for an S-10 Blazer. The second was so badly dented and mis-shapen that it could not be used. The third was finally able to be fitted this past week, but will require significant body work to get it to fit properly and look acceptable.

JUNKYARDJOHN

It's probably too late, as I just saw this post this morning, but an awful lot of nice trucks come into Warner Robbins. previewing them would be a piece of cake. Ever consider having the insurance co. write you a fat check, buying it back, finding a better one & using your's as a parts truck. I'm sure it's nothing you haven't already contimplated already. Just my 2cents John

rickf

UPDATE: As of today, I still don't have my Blazer back. My experience with LMC has been very poor, and is the main reason I still don't have my Blazer. The first fender they sent was for an S-10 Blazer. The second was so badly dented and mis-shapen that it could not be used. The third was finally able to be fitted this past week, but will require significant body work to get it to fit properly and look acceptable.
Well, when they ship the panels from China I would guess they only wrap them in that garbage Chinese paper so they get dented.:roll::roll:

Rick

Napoleon_Tanerite

It's probably too late, as I just saw this post this morning, but an awful lot of nice trucks come into Warner Robbins. previewing them would be a piece of cake. Ever consider having the insurance co. write you a fat check, buying it back, finding a better one & using your's as a parts truck. I'm sure it's nothing you haven't already contimplated already. Just my 2cents John
I understand what you're saying, but I am not lying when I say my M1009 is the nicest one I've ever come across, and that was BEFORE I did all my upgrades to it!