• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 injector pump issues.

cucvrus

One more thing. Are you sure it is getting fuel out of the fuel filter? And do the glow plugs work. Even inwarm climate it will require the glow plugs to work on the initial cold start. I just breezed over all the posts so excuse me if I am asking something you covered. I would put the feed line to the pump and see if it has a steady fuel supply. Just trying to help you out.

AECS

I know that Diesel Care has followers here, but I am 15 minutes from them, and after talking to many diesel guys here in Memphis, drove another 30 miles and spent another 300 dollars to go elsewhere. They do not have a good local reputation.

Snuffy74

Well, let's hope I got a good pump from them, lol.
Gonna look over everything again, including fuel flow and glow plugs. And get a video of how it almost starts. Thanks to everyone giving me feedback on this. I'd be far worse off if it weren't for this site and all you guys giving me advice.

CUCVLOVER

Stay the course Snuffy74
This!!!
I would bet it is air in the system. I actually used a primer bulb on my truck when I worked on the fuel system. I had the ip on my truck rebuilt by diesel care and am very very happy with it. The truck runs better than ever.
I would pull the lines from the fuel filter and put in a small inline clear filter and primer bulb. Then just work the bulb until you have good fuel. That will draw fuel from the tank to lift pump to the bulb and push it to the IP. Once it's running good switch it back. Also with the bulb when you get the truck to start for the first tims you can work that bulb and kind of help it get going until she is happy. (Try not to laugh to much)
I had the bulb right at the tank on my truck but it will work like I said.
You could also out the bulb in the fuel line feeding the fuel filter and use the bulb until it fills the filter and then the IP. Then you can leave the bulb if you wish. I left the one on my truck. It does add some peace of mind because if you have a fuel system issue somewhere you can prime it without killing the batteries.
Also the timing marks are easy. The are on the block at the top where the pump mounts. Line them up even and run it.
Good luck and don't give up.

Snuffy74

It could be that I just vastly underestimated how difficult it is to purge the air from the system. I keep hearing how it's tough but it didn't prepare me for it, maybe. I've tried pulling the glow plugs and cracking open lines. I get diesel fog from the glow plugs holes while it cranks. I did find 5 bad glow plugs and replaced them but still can't get her to start. I'll keep at it...

cucvrus

Are you sure the electric is going thru the glow plug relay on the firewall at the left of the brake master cylinder? Top will be hot always and bottom stud going to glow plugs will be hot when glow plug light is on. Just trying to help. All this cycling and cranking is hard on the glow plugs. They are getting heated everytime unless the glow plug relay is defective. Check it out. I hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks