• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Lights Work, Won't Start--Nothing when you turn key

portert0224

Gentlemen, this is all great troubleshooting that you just don't get in the manual. I have to go out of state this weekend, so I will not have the opportunity to try this until Labor Day weekend. I'm so excited about jumping at the relay that I just might do that tonight when I get home. At least that will tell me if it is on the 24v or 12v side.

As far as the ignition switch diagram, I will have more questions on that. It appears that turning the key to the start position activates four seperate circuits across the two seperate harness plugs. So, if the problem is on the 12v side, I will need to know which circuit(s) to trace first from the starter switch.

By the way, what functions do the right plug do versus the functions of the left plug on the starter switch (I don't have my diagram with me at work)? I know the yellow ignition wire is on the right side plug. When I learn something new about a circuit, I have been writing this stuff down on my wiring diagram page. I also took my kids' colored pencil set and colored the circuits on the wiring diagram the correct corresponding color to help me trace them better.
Thanks,
Tracy

justinwregier

Here with a similar issue and curious about repair...
Key turns, no click, no crank, no interior lights, no wait/h20 in fuel lights, dead?
30 amp fuse was melted but only the plastic a bit, not the internals...
replaced it and still no effect...
M1009 stuck at work:cry:

stump

I had a similar problem. Checked the batteries and they were good but when i tried to start the clamps were dirty and it would not do anything. take the cables off and clean them. Start checking voltage at batteries then ckeck ground to the engine ahen check for voltage at the starter. I had one that the fusable link wire on the stsrter got lose on and it would start sometimes and not others.

Could someone post a pictire or diagram of the fuse box? My M1008 has no fuses in the top row and I need to know what size fuses go in them. I have no tail lights, brake lights and the others there. No blinkers eiither, but I think it may be in my column...Other than this it runs great...Oh my Gen 2 light is on also...

vanaisa

bad ignition switch? Bad starter relay under dash (nead ash tray) - that one, what drived from ign. switch with 12V and sends 24V to starter?

dstang97

bad ignition switch? Bad starter relay under dash (nead ash tray) - that one, what drived from ign. switch with 12V and sends 24V to starter?
I’m leaning towards bad ignition switch. Gonna have to pull out my meter and spare parts. I have no headlights, no starter, new batteries, right connections, good grounds. I am getting power to the 30 amp fuse. I’ll look into it tonight but this one has me stumped

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had this problem several years ago. Truck was running, blower motor on high. Truck died and would not start. Blower motor would not work. Fusible link coming from 12 volt diamond in center of firewall was blown, but looked fine. Had to pull on it pretty hard for it to come apart. This 12 volt wire goes to ignition switch. When switch is activated then current goes to starter. This could be your problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks