• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 no power need assistance

rickf

I think once you get a couple warmer days to slosh stuff around and move it through you will be alright. I never saw a 6.2 make any more power on bio or any other alternative fuel, always less and they really could not afford to make less. I guess if you are running many thousands of miles you may see a little savings in dollars but I think the money lost in aggravation more than offsets the savings.

spectre6000

Any additional power made will be psychosomatic. Biodiesel has a slightly lower energy content than conventional diesel. Dollars can certainly be saved, especially I you're making your own (which isn't 100% legal on public roads for the record). I definitely get the attraction to making your own fuel. It's too bad you can't use the glycerine as oil... What are you doing with your glycerine btw?

rickf

That is why I added the "alternative fuel' in there. I think what a lot of people are calling bio-diesel is actually just veggie oil mixed with diesel or even WMO mixed with diesel. Which is FAR from BIO by the way.

spectre6000

WVO is not only not biodiesel, it's bad for your engine. It's like actively trying to destroy your exhaust system. It WILL technically burn, and WILL technically move the vehicle down the road, but that glycerine molecule on the backs of the triglycerides will not burn and just carbonizes and clogs things up. Not a good idea. You could maybe do something to burn it off every so often, but... I would personally never run WVO. Also, for the record, not legal on public roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks