• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 off road

thecbldad

Haven't tried out the M1009 off road yet but can tell you the K5 is incredible off road my first (of 5) was a 77' with a 400 sb/400 208 TC /38" BFG'S. Alas she was stolen and striped in 93':cry::cry: Can't say I ever got stuck too bad :p

RSOVRanger

Depends on what you've done to them...

Picture #1, 6" skyjacker lift, stock axles, 35" BFG AT tires

Picture #2, Dana 60 dually hubs, 14 bolt with spacers, HMMWV 12 bolt rims and Goodyear hmmwv tires w/ runflats, same lift.

I'm running 4.10's for gears with a govlock in the back, open front.

Attachments

iamspencer

4 inch lift, 33 x 12.5 toyo all terrains, can go anywhere blazers are the best in the woods and mud
short wheelbase great maneuverability
the weight is distributed evenly front to back more so than a pickup because of the fiberglass top

the gears are high to begin with so i wouldn't go past 33s with out changing over to 3.73 gears but never had a problem, when your in the woods your in 4 low anyway so it doesn't matter.

TyJustice

Did you mount those 33's on the stock rims?
The 09 has a 2.5" lift and 33/12.50's on the original 15" stock wheels.

Sway bar disconnect is installed and turns the truck into a whole new monster when your off-road.

Best wheeling truck I have ever owned and have had many 4X4 vehicles.

Few Pics..

Attachments

cucv1833

If its your first few times out, make sure you get on the throttle before the mud and stay on it until you are through, the 6.2 needs a little runway to spool up so you are at maximum damage :driver:
I got bogged on my lease this year in 3 inches of mud and had to be pulled out. Very embarrassing. I coulded even dig my self out. It was operator error. But plan on getting some 33s. Running stock wrangler 31s now with a 2.5 lift.

For a full size truck they do darn good. Short on power in the sand tho. I want a turbo on mine.
Agreed I took mine on the beach a few times and had fun. Not a power house but gets the job done.