• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear storage w/drawers

twa@ezdn.net

Built a box for the rear with metal drawers from a file cabinet. You can't see it but there is a compartment at the back (by rear seat) that is full width and is 8" wide with a hatch on the top that holds parts and fluids for the truck.

Also just painted (showed the scout troop how to sand and prep!) Tim

85 M1009
M101a1

More soon [thumbzup]

Attachments

twa@ezdn.net

The spare will go on top as soon as I finish the rack. the rack will be small and will only hold the tire and possibly a mount for the pioneer tools. The Hi Lift jack is mounted under the rear bumper.....Tim

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice !!!!!
what about a spare when not toting the trailer?
I like the shelving as well.
One thing I noticed is that the CUCV has the 8-bolt wheels, and the M101 trailer has the older M37-style 5-bolt wheels. He will need to upgrade the trailer to the 8-bolt axle in order to haul only one spare tire, otherwise he will need to carry one for the CUCV and one for the trailer.

twa@ezdn.net

I hope to find adaptors or axle swap for the tire standard. Will be bidding on a A2 to make the changes to and set up for the truck, I want the brakes.

Hiked "Old Rag" recently, and could have used the brakes on the trailer getting there...Tim

ssdvc

very nice setup. I can't see clearly, but I thought that 1009's came with 6 lug wheels, not 8. Did you do an axle swap? What size are those tires??

twa@ezdn.net

I am out making some ammo stoves tonight so the pis were EZ. My wife thinks I should make some and take to the farmers market with her, Sooo thats what I am up to tonight. Everyone who sees it wants one so maybe shes right. Nothing to it really and the work great, I just need to get some big cans from Doghead. I can not find any 20mm cans local (Navy country no less!:grd:

Attachments

SimonG

TWa great rig. Cant wait to get my 09 and trailer set up simular to that.
As for the stove what you charging for them at the market?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
twa - had a 20mm ammo can like that years back. My friend still has it, it was a smoker, a grill, a stove, etc. Very cool but was a pain to use. Still wish I could have it back.

I was just rememberin', there were 5 to 6 bolt adapters so that older M101 trailer that used the M37 rims, could instead use the M715 wheels, which were 6-bolt 16 inch. Not sure the bolt diameter, but it might be an option instead of buying another trailer...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks